Frequently Asked Questions for Toyota Rent a Car
Notes about licenses:
- A valid license from the Renter's state of residence or country of origin is required (i.e., must not be expired, must not have any restrictions).
- An International Driving Permit or license is acceptable but is not required.
- A military license is acceptable as long as it is accompanied by the Renter's state of residence license, as well as proof that the Renter is on active duty.
- A Learner's Permit is not an acceptable license.
- A temporary license, permit or application for a Driver's License may be acceptable. Always check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles to verify that such paperwork is valid and has not expired.
- Some states will hold a Driver's License after a ticket has been issued by police. This ticket is not acceptable.